Friday, March 27, 2009

"Hospice - A Thought"

We are going to have a guest writing with us today. A very special man that I have great respect for. There's a man .... well, there's a man .... I lost my train of thought now.

THE LOCK



Hospice, quite literally, is a place you go to die. It is likely the only place in your life that you will walk into and never walk back out. Except for a rare few, hospice is nothing more than a morgue for the living.


But it is those precious few about whom I write today. I write about the guy who's family sends him off to Green Valley Hospice "because they're a family who cares." Then, unbenownst to the doctors and family, the ol' bastard makes it. He survives hospice! Without even so much as a pat on the buns, he walks by the doctors of death and out into the world of the living again. He sends a telegram to his family from a sleepy little resort in Florida. It merely says, " I survived hospice. Fuck you!"

So here's to that man. One of the chosen few who survived hospice. I'd like to get him a t-shirt that proudly states on the back, "I survived hospice. Fuck you!"



No comments: