Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Lock





I've come up with a name for my buddy that's guest writing for me. We at MWP are calling him Shallow HAL

Obesity - A Thought
You know how sometimes (frequently, for others) you clock in at the bar and get a good bender going? I'm talking about those days when you sit down and really get to work. You're not busy fraternizing or even leaving your stool for that matter. You know how sometimes you get that barmaid that decides she is going to play hero and tell you "you've had enough?" Then all of a sudden the party's over, you end up passed out at about 7:00pm because you were enjoying yourself too much.


Shouldn't we apply the same rule to the obese? I mean, if we are going to let bartenders cut you off after "you've had enough," shouldn't the waitress be able to cut off Mr. two-appetizers-main-course-and-a-small-animal-to-go? The guy comes in and orders a meal. After ravenously consuming it, he orders a second meal. When he reaches the dessert menu, I think the waitress is well within her rights to tell him "you've had enough." Seems logical, to me at least.



No comments: