Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Hughes Made My Life What it is



Most posts on here are about ripping people who suck. Trying to show the dozen of people who read this blog the people that don't deserve anything they are handed, and my wishes for them to ripped limp from limp from a stage ape. But this post is different. This post is about some one that changed a generation forever. John Hughes.

John Candy in my mind is one of the top comedians of all time. Thank God Hughes wrote for Candy. Can you image Uncle Buck with out Candy? Think about Planes, Trains, and Automobiles without John being the one selling shower curtain rings.

The man has penned the lines from the movies we quote on a daily basis. And for some reason I find that to be the coolest thing on the planet. When my buddies and I run off lines from a movie, I often think about what it would be like to be the one who wrote those words.

"I wouldn't let you sleep in my room, if you were growing on my ass."

"You want a beer? It's 9 o'clock in the morning. huh, scotch?"

"Falls down a well, eyes go crossed. Gets kicked by a mule, they go straight again. I don't know."

"Ever heard of a ritual killing?"

"Chet is gonna shit a solid gold brick when he sees us."

"Six bucks and my right nut says we're not landing in Chicago."

"20 bucks says that Cameron is sitting in his car debating weather or not to come over."

That's just naming a few. I wouldn't say John Hughes was the voice behind my generation, because he didn't say a single line or phrase we repeat and live by everyday. I would say that he was the man who told every story we experienced. The man that showed the world every moment of life that you wanted to forget. But showed it in a light that made everyone laugh at the most difficult moments of a persons life.

"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... and an athlete ...and a basket case ...a princess ...and a criminal... Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club. "

No comments: