Monday, August 31, 2009

Your Sunday Night Rundown of HBO



HBO, a great organization. The cream of the crop if you will. They've tackled everything from movies, to documentaries, to sports, and their biggest success would have to be their series'.

Until now.

Last night I sat down to watch my HBO shows, just like I do every Sunday with my wife. But last night I thought to myself about half way through True Blood. Self, these are not the shows you used to watch on HBO. These are more like shows put out by Tyler Perry.








True Blood: The show is in just its second season, and it's already starting to resemble Entourage in its 6th season. And that is not a compliment. The writing has always been just ok, but the acting is getting to resemble the cult indie hit Fool's Gold. Marie Ann is needs to go away. I used to hate this plot line of Marie Ann controlling everyone and she would do this by shaking. (special effects via Planet 9). But now it's the only story line and the whole show. Everyone loves HBO because you see boobs in their shows and the word FUCK. But I don't want to see 55 year old women's bologna tits, and bald men's fat stomachs.


PS - Fuck this show: thank God we have next weekend off.








Entourage: I've defended this show longer than any man should. I've stood by and told everyone that the show was still ok. The same way a dude says, "na man, she's still got it where it counts, I'd still hit that shit." When talking about Pam Anderson or Carmen Electra. You know a show has jumped the shark when the best character on it is a gay Secretary.

PS: If a chick like Sloan ever wanted to date a pale mother fucker like "E", real cool name Eric. The world would turn inside out and spit us all out into the final frontier.








There is hope people. East Bound and Down IS signed on for a second season.




No comments: