Saturday, November 29, 2008

STAND UP AND GET DOWN

At my work I would have to say that everyone knows a lot about TV and the movies, considering we all work in television. So with decent taste in all of that, most of my friends at work have similar taste in stand up as well. So I figured I would ask a few of them who their all-time favorites are. Little did they know that their selections would result in how I feel towards them as friends. Let's see where they all stand.

Ernie -

  1. Richard Pryor
  2. Steven Wright
  3. Jim Gaffigan
  4. Jerry Seinfeld
  5. Mitch Hedberg
comment: I would call his style old school. He digs the classics as you can see. But how do you have the classics without George Carlin? I deduct 7 friend points.

Ron -
  1. George Carlin
  2. Lewis Black
  3. Bill Cosby
  4. Bob Saget
  5. Dave Attell
comment: Wow! With this list we sure can tell Ron loves comedians that know how to bitch about life. Kind of fits Ron's personality to a "T". I deduct 11 friend points.

Gary -
  1. Mitch Hedberg
  2. Brian Regan
  3. Chris Rock
  4. Dave Attell
  5. Nick Swardson
comment: I really like the wide variety he has going here. I enjoy everyone on this list, and praise him for keeping the streak of one black man on each list going. Got to keep up the quota. zero friend points lost.

Adam -
  1. Richard Pryor
  2. Jim Carry
  3. Dave Chappelle
  4. Lewis Black
  5. Eddie Murphy
comment: The streak is broken! AW comes in and throws us 3 African-Americans on his list. You have to dig that. But I'm also seeing a little DC bias, while he has Chappelle and Black, both natives on his list. 2 friend points lost.

Frank -
  1. Chris Rock
  2. Sam Kinison
  3. Andrew Dice Clay
  4. Jim Gaffigan
  5. Jeff Foxworthy
comment: Now this is a list. Frank is trapped in the 80's it seems and i dig that about him. And just like that we're back. Only one black man is back on the list. But for the insanity of this list, 14 friend points gained.

Matt -
  1. George Carlin
  2. Dave Chappelle
  3. Eddie Murphy
  4. Steve Martin
  5. Eddie Izzard
comment: I'm just happy that Steve Martin made some one's list. Overall a very solid list. 1 friend point gained.


I'm surprised to see the the kings of comedy were not on anyone's list? Why is that? And the other thing I'm so thankful for is the Dane "Fucking" Cook and Carlos Mensia were no where to be found. Because that was the case I didn't lose any friends today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock....










No Just Kidding, you don't rock

Anonymous said...

Comic list powers...Activate?

1. David Cross
2. Eugene Mirman
3. Patton Oswalt
4. Brian Posen
5. Bill Hicks (I have no idea how I forgot him on Sunday)

Cummins said...

For me there's Bill Hicks, David Cross, and everyone else.